Thursday 19 August 2010

First Ever Challenge Entries

I'm going to have a go at entering challenges with my cards.  This is the first card I've done for them and there are three I can enter having followed the themes. Digital Tuesday Challenge 72 'Scraps'  -  Sew Many Challenges 20  'Stitching'   -  ABC Challenge 'B is for Blue'   -   Totally Gorguss 'Star' #44 'Star'


Using up scraps of paper is something I recently started a discussion about as my tray was piling up.  So taking this theme in hand I used three different strips of paper and cut 3 squares and made them into a patchwork effect. I then drew faux stitching round every square and the main card, plus he has stitching on his clothes. The image is from SJs Little Musings 'Archie' a favourite of mine at the moment.  I also used scraps of card and ribbon for the sentiment, and punched the stars from another scrap.  Fortunately the colours were all in the blue range.

He is Scrappy Boy!!  The attempt was to make him look as though he's been out playing around, a bit scrappy and muddy in places.










7 comments:

  1. Hey there!! Welcome to the world of challenges! We're so happy that you made one of your first challenges Sew Many Challenges!!! Your card is great and I love the tiled look you used! Your image is too cute and colored great!!!

    We also share blogs in common..lol yours is Crafty K's and mine is Crafty J's lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Jeri, I'm never confident of my own work, though I think thats most of us. And we're next to each other in the alphabet LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TOO CUTE!!!! I love that quilted look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous20/8/10 18:39

    Super card, love the patchwork effect. Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge, look forward to seeing you again. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute card
    I'm Russian, but live in USA
    nice to meet you)
    I'll be glade to see you in my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on our challenge and so pleased that you decided to take the plunge and join us at Totally gorjuss this week, hope to see more of your work soon.
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card! great that you are using up scraps :O) dosn't take long before one has a mound of them! Good luck in your first challenges! And thank you for entering into Totally Gorjuss' challenge this week :O)

    Hugs Nina Macaulay

    ReplyDelete