Friday 20 August 2010

Christmas Challenges

Having had a great start to my challenge entering I've decided to have another go...this time using a fantabulous little image from Sew Many Cards, thank you Jeri.

The Challenge this week is Sew Many Challenges #23  'Christmas in August'.

I've also had a go at sewing on card using the little provo craft sewing machine my hubby bought me a few years back.  Its another of those items we buy and put to one side promising to use it, but then we never do.  After seeing the gorgeous creations on Sew Many Cards I decided to dust off the box, get out the machine and blooming well have a go!!!!  AND...it worked.  I actually expected the battery to be dead but it wasn't.  It took a few attempts but then it came together.  Thanks SMC for the inspiration.

Hope you like...




















I'm also going to enter this in The Creative Cottage Challenge #21 - Christmas

9 comments:

  1. WOW! You done an amazing job Karin!! So glad to see your project this week! You done an awesome job with Eris and those lights are perfect!! Your sewing is spot on and love the sentiment lol very cute!!!!

    I'm so glad you joined us this week at Sew Many Challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I absolutely love your card! Eris looks so darling! The light bulb die-cuts are a fabulous touch! Awesome sewing! You've done a fantastic job! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sew Many Challenges! Hope you'll be joining us for the next challenge!

    ~Hugs~Kym

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous21/8/10 14:47

    You did a great job. I love the big light bulbs they look like they are shiny. I love little Eris with the string of lights wrapped around its trunk. Great job on coloring and putting your card together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Karin, what a great card you did an amazing job!!! thanks for joining us at Sew Many cards, I hope you will join us again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining us at the creative cottage with a lovely card huggies lindyloo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karin
    aww fabulous card, luv the images & design, thank you for joining us at The Creative Cottage this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! Eris looks fabulous!!! LOVE those ornaments!!! TFS at SMC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tee Hee... this adorable card makes me happy!

    Thank you for participating in Sew Many Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete